Garrett's Corner

Tuesday, April 7, 2015






Welcome to Garrett's Corner. 
This is where art happens. Garrett comes alive as a painter, barista, and musician. It all happens here. 

Being married to an artist...it's an interesting life. It's a messy life. It's an inspired life. 
Often times, I love it. Garrett is always thinking WAY deeper than I ever will. He challenges me to look at things in a new light. I have grown to appreciate our conversations and processing of new creative ideas.
I have also, at times, become exhausted by his "gear" obsessive winter months or his never ending attachment to his guitars. 

This corner is a mess. It's the least photogenic place of the apartment, but it's a huge part of our lives. Having this unorganized corner fuels creativity for the rest of our space.
It reminds me that marriage and the pursuit of creativity often times looks less than perfect, but those are the times when something beautiful is being resurrected. 
These "things" that sit in this corner are fruitful to our life and daily routines.

"If you're not creating, you're dying."


No comments :

Post a Comment